EX3700 is an awesome extender model offered by Netgear to help users boost the range and speed of their existing routers. As soon as you configure the extender, you will be able to enjoy lag-free internet in every part of your home. However, for making things happen, you first need to complete the Netgear EX3700 setup process in a successful manner.
This how-to guide lists various methods for users owning Netgear EX3700 to help them make their devices up and running. So, without making any further delay, check the sections below and learn the process of doing the Netgear EX3700 setup.
Manually Set up Netgear EX3700 Extender
The very first method you can use to install your extender is using its web GUI. Here’s how:
- Unpack the EX3700 extender carefully and give it some suitable place in the same room where your host router is already broadcasting its signals.
- Connect the extender to the router. There are two ways for establishing a connection between devices – wireless and using a cable. From these two, we suggest you opt for cable connections to avoid getting any hassle within the process of configuring your device.
- Once done, power up the extender and let it show the green light.
- Thence, proceed further with the extender setup process by opening a web browser on your computer.
- It is suggested that you make use of an up-to-date web browser for preventing yourself from getting issues while doing an extender setup.
- Type mywifiext.local in the address field of your browser and hit Enter. This step will take you to the login page of your EX3700 extender.
- Now, access the manual of your device and check the default login details to be used.
- Enter the details into their corresponding fields and click Log in.
- The setup wizard of your EX3700 extender will come into existence.
- From there, navigate to Settings and check for the WiFi network options available.
- You will be asked to select an option. So, do the same right away.
- Thereafter, you will see certain on-screen prompts. Following the guidelines in the proper manner, you will be able to complete the setup process of your Netgear EX3700 WiFi range extender.
That’s how you can complete the manual setup of your device via mywifiext.local. There is one more method in line for those who want to quickly get success with the overall process. However, for executing the same, you must have access to a router supporting the WPS feature.
Here’s How to Set up Netgear EX3700 Extender via WPS
- Once you are all set with placing your extender and connecting its antennas, look for the WPS button on your extender.
- The location of the button may vary from model to model. Hence, check all the sides of your device to find the WPS button.
- Once found, press it firmly.
- Then you are advised to locate and press the WPS button on your home WiFi router.
- You will find that both your devices get synced in some time.
That’s how you can make your EX3700 extender functional with the press of a button.
Checkpoints While Doing EX3700 Setup
If you don’t want to face any issues while doing the EX3700 setup, have a glimpse of the checkpoints given below:
- The extender’s location must be chosen wisely, preferably in the center of your home and within the range of your router.
- No interference-causing devices should be placed near your extender and router.
- The wall outlet used for installing the extender must be offering proper power.
- The cable connections must not be loose.
With that let’s wind up our guide on setting up the Netgear EX3700 range extender. We hope you will complete the process in a hassle-free manner after checking the methods given above.