For small and medium-sized enterprises, QuickBooks is a stand-alone program that offers a wide range of accounting services. QuickBooks has more than 5.3 million users use to handle business accounting. Numerous accounting services are available. It supports a multi-user environment as well, allowing several users to use QuickBooks. But occasionally, incorrect QuickBooks settings in a multi-user environment lead to a mistake. At the same moment, QuickBooks error code 80040408 appears. Start Session Error Code: 80040408 is the error message that appears on the screen. QuickBooks won’t launch. There are many reasons for the occurrence of the error, which we will discuss in this blog. You will also get the troubleshooting methods to fix the error.
What causes QuickBooks Error Code 80040408 to occur?
Below are the reasons for the error 80040408 in QuickBooks:
- When QuickBooks is in single-user mode and operates from another user, you cannot access it.
- Simultaneous access to several QuickBooks corporate files.
- The QuickBooks Startup option turns on when you visit it.
- When QuickBooks is running on another computer, you attempt to access the same QQube and establish a connection with QuickBooks.
- When QuickBooks offers a variety of paths.
- If additional users attempt to migrate the QuickBooks company file and the file has since undergone some changes, this will differ from the user’s original edits.
- The QuickBooks error code 80040408 can also fall under various QuickBooks company file names.
- The administrator user tries to access the file but is unable to do so because another user changed the name of the QuickBooks company file. The administrator then opens a different file using the QQube Configuration tool.
- Before attempting to load many additional files concurrently, wait until QuickBooks is already accessible for a particular company file.
- In the multi-user mode, the admin user logs out. It stops QuickBooks from starting up and working.
Now, after getting to know the reasons, let’s head toward the fixation process.
How to Repair QuickBooks Error Code 80040408?
Solution 1: Disable Quick Start Function
- Go to the General tab in the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Then select Preferences from the menu.
- Uncheck “Keep QuickBooks Running For Quick Startups”.
- After that, check for errors by opening the company file and QuickBooks.
Solution 2: Only configure one system
The unstable configuration in cases involving terminal/remote desktop settings may result in QuickBooks error code 80040408. When various users sync to the system through the network, this occurs. QuickBooks must be configured to only sync with the system once, rather than with the server and other users.
Solution 3: Try These Steps
If the above solutions don’t work, then try the given below steps:
- Verify that QuickBooks Quick Start is not selected.
- The Single User Mode for QuickBooks is not being used by any other users.
- The server has to be operational.
- To avoid accessing numerous business files, the QuickBooks program does not provide a command to open a specific company file.
- The path to the company file in QuickBooks needs to be accurate and can’t be changed.
- Make sure the company file name is the same on both platforms.
Solution 4: Rename The QuickBooks Company File To The Original One As A Fourth Option.
You can alter the name of your business file when the company file’s name is changed, as stated before in the QQube Configuration Tool. As an alternative, you can rename the file to its original name by removing the business file. To do the rename on the server, you must have a multi-user version. If you’re still having trouble opening QuickBooks and getting error 80040408, try the next approach.
Solution 5: Change The Settings On The Window’s Qqube Configuration Tool
- Firstly, Activate the QQube Configuration Tool window.
- Secondly, Select Database under Advanced Options, then click on Show More.
- Now checkmark the Synchronizer and Quickbooks Database Server Manager options box.
Solution 6: Restore The File’s Original Path
QB does not begin. When a company file is moved from its original place, the path can change, resulting in error 80040408. In this case, you must use the QQube Configuration Tool to alter the path of the corporate file.
Call of Action
The QuickBooks error code 80040408 can be frustrating when using the multi-user mode. With this blog, we will implement the solutions to fix the error completely. However, if the error still continues, it is a must to contact the experts for a solution that can fix your error and you will be able to use the multi-user mode. Thank You!