The LED lights present on your Linksys WiFi extender show different color even orange. Just in case you are seeing your extender light blinking orange, it means that there is an internet related problem. This must be known to you that the orange light issue can arise irrespective of the fact that you’ve done Linksys AC1200 setup or have installed another Linksys extender. Given in this post are the tips that we suggest you to follow if you are facing the orange light issue with your WiFi device.
Fixed: Linksys Extender Blinking Orange
1. Check the LAN Connection: You are suggested to check the LAN cable connection between your Linksys range extender and the main router before everything else. This is because the extender fetches the internet connection from the router only and the Ethernet cable serves the purpose of taking the router’s signals to the extender. This cable is supposed to be perfectly connected to the ports of your networking devices. But, that won’t suffice if the cable in use is damaged. Therefore, you are advised to get the cable replaced if the one in use is found damaged (fragmented).
2. Maintain Proper Extender-Router Distance: Since the Linksys range extender and main router, both are wireless networking devices, they are capable of communicating via signals i.e. wirelessly. If they are placed too close, then there are chances that their signals are clashing due to which you are seeing orange light on your WiFi range extender. Therefore, we suggest you increase this gap. But, wait? Should you take the risk of placing both devices in two farthest rooms of your house? Of course not! If you do that, both devices won’t even be able to communicate properly resulting in some major problems.
3. Restart the Extender: The Linksys WiFi extender belongs to the technical realm and everything is uncertain here. With that said, you can conclude that the extender can become a victim of technical glitches. To rule out this possibility, you are suggested to restart the extender without any delay. For rebooting the extender, we advise you to disconnect all the devices connected to its network and then disengage the extender-router connection. Once done, pull your range extender out of its respective wall socket. Lastly, plug the extender back and create the connections you have broken. But, make sure that you let your range extender rest for at least 10-20 minutes.
After following the techniques we’ve highlighted above, we are expecting that the extender will no more blink orange. But, don’t you want to prepare yourself to combat such an issue in the future? If yes, you should upgrade the firmware of your range extender immediately.
Prevention: Linksys Extender Blinking Orange
To prevent your extender from blinking orange, a firmware update is a good idea. But, you need to download the firmware file separately from the official site. Avoid downloading the file that belongs to another model. For example, you cannot download the firmware file for Linksys AC1200 extender if you have done Linksys RE6350 WiFi extender setup. Once you download the file, follow these steps to proceed further:
- On a web browser, visit extender.linksys.com.
- Log in to your range extender model using the default login credentials.
- You can find the option to update the firmware in the Administration settings section.
- There, consider selecting Upload.
- Choose the firmware file that you have downloaded on your computer and upload it.
- The firmware of your Linksys extender will get updated in a while.
The Linksys extender blinking orange issue has affected the internet-usage experience of multiple users. We are now hopeful that after following the techniques highlighted in the post, you will be able to make your extender behave normally. If that does not happens, reset the extender to set it up once again.
You can also read about Netgear WiFi Router Lights.